Bridal Photoshoot: Behind the scenes






Organising this bridal photoshoot was by far one of my biggest challenges yet. I thought I would share with you behind the scenes to show you what really goes on during a shoot! 


As many of you may already know (mentioned in my previous post), I have been working within the bridal industry for around five years. However, this is the first time actually making anything bridal. Of course I have mended a few dresses, fixing broken zips, tears, replacing buttons, and so on, but I can confirm I have not made a wedding dress. The thought feels very daunting for some reason; which doesn't really make much sense as I have designed and made a lot of garments throughout various projects so far. Despite this, in a pursuit to build my confidence, I decided to teach myself how to make bridal belts and veils over the past couple of months. Starting somewhere is better than nothing right? The whole process was really enjoyable; designing, selecting the right luxury fabrics to use, sourcing the veil combs and of course sewing. I learnt so much through watching youtube videos, reading books and just speaking to people who had any previous experience sewing bridal pieces. Once everything had been made, it didn't really make much sense for me to just leave it there looking pretty! 


Collaborating is one of the best things you can do as a creative. There is so much to learn from others, whether it be fellow designers within the fashion industry, photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists, models, assistants, jewellery designers, florists et cetera. Each of you join together with passion, enthusiasm and the power to successfully build every. single. portfolio. Not only is the final result really amazing, but you have also made FUTURE contacts (and friends of course). It's all about networking, I cannot express this enough. In time to come, who knows whether you will need a stylist or a make up artist on a specific project? Straight away you have somebody you can contact. The best part is, if you know that their work is outstanding from previously working with them, then you will feel comfortable asking to collaborate with them again on another future project. 


Lillie and I assisting Edward taking photographs of Tamra!


I decided to get in touch with two photographers; both of whom I had connected with on Instagram and previously spoke with about working together in the near future. The opportunity had arisen and so I asked  quite simply 'would you be interested doing a collaboration?' They agreed and together we made history (not literally but you know what I mean). After a lot of emails to numerous locations in London, I  eventually managed to arrange for us to shoot in the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, an unreal opportunity! Soon followed a beautiful model, a make up artist and hair stylist, a renowned London florist, a jewellery designer and finally a bridal gown designer, (plus myself). A truly fantastic team, bringing each and every individual talent together to create something truly beautiful.  

                            
Lillie styling Tamra's hair   
                                 

                 

The entire day was quite hectic. We met up early at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel to get Tamra's hair and makeup done by Lillie as well as fitting the wedding dress to her. Once Lillie was finished we were able to start shooting on the famous grand staircase in the hotel! It was incredibly beautiful and had so much character to it, I will be forever grateful to Betty who worked at the hotel and gave us permission to take photographs there. After a lot of running around, especially up and down those never ending stairs, we wrapped up the shoot in the hope that we had captured some beautiful imagery, which I can confirm, we did!





Tamra looking exceptional on the grand staircase!



After shooting here, we travelled into Hyde Park Corner, London, and met with Ana (@whitechateaux) the second photographer. Here we photographed outside in front of rows of beautiful London townhouses, and luckily we had a sunny day! I even found my dream car along the way... 


A Nissan Figaro!


I am super excited to show you all the of the official photographs from this collaboration in my next post. It was the best experience and an absolute pleasure meeting such wonderful people. 

Let me know your thoughts in the comment section, I'd love to hear what you think!


Credits:

Photographers: @edwardblack98 & @whitechateaux
Veil and Belt designer: @fashion.lucybarnes (myself) 
Model: @tamraburkee
MUA & Hair stylist: @lillietoomeymua
Bridal Gown designer: @adelais_bridal 
Florist: @maisondefleurs 
Jewellery designer: @diamondintheskyjewellery
Location: @stpancrasren & Hyde Park Corner 


With Love, 
Lucy x




37 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, these were Behind the scenes but really looking forward to sharing the official photographs in a following blog post!

      Delete
  2. I love that dress, it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it's beautiful isn't it. Designer is Adelais London!

      Delete
  3. The pictures are gorgeous and you look stunning. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely moments captured. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love bridal photo shoots! They are so magical, and are beautiful! Congrats on this new journey hun <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brianna! It really was a magical day photographing!

      Delete
  6. Love her dress so elegant. However the pictures you have clicked are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The interior design of the palace is so beautiful! Makes the theme very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really really lovely venue based in Central London!

      Delete
  8. I love bridal photo shoots. The bride's dress is gorgeous and I love the interior decor of the photo shoot venue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. It was a really beautiful photoshoot!

      Delete
  9. the BTS photos somehow always become much more interesting to me than the actual photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, you get to have a little sneak peak of what photoshoots are really like!

      Delete
  10. The photos are beautiful and the dress is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures! Somehow, it's hard to imagine what's behind the beautiful pictures and it's amazing how much work is needed to come up with these amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina! It really is hard work so it's great to be able to show to everybody the effort that really goes into one of these shoots xo

      Delete
  12. Class all the way......snapshots are great in capturing moments....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh goodness, the bride looks angelic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful bridal photo shoot. Stunning pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Bride photo shoot looks Amazing and stunning. love her gown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dress, elegant and stunning! Captivating photos! I also love photo shooting it always excites me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunny photos. I love the ones where the bride is on that colorful stairwell. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love behind the scene photos. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete